Shopping and Eating in
All your holiday shopping and eating needs are available in Fionnphort.
The local shop provides:
- An excellent range of basic and gourmet food (a fantastic range of cheeses, for example)
- Bread, rolls and croissants freshly baked in the morning (get there early!)
- Post-office facilities
- Newspapers arrive around noon, and you can reserve them for collection
- A range of gifts and souvenirs
- Internet access is also available in the shop
Local pub and restaurant the Keel Row is cosy and has a very friendly atmosphere and a
real log/peat fire. The restaurant attached to the pub is of a very high standard, and serves a lot of local
There are also an excellent cafes and restaurants on Iona which provide high-quality cooked meals, as well
as light refreshments.
The Ninth Wave Restaurant provides cuisine of the sort that you'd normally expect in a major
metropolitan area, with many of the seafood dishes caught by the owner himself daily. The restaurant is on the
road out of Fionnphort and a few hundred yards up on a track on the left. www.ninthwaverestaurant.co.uk